Joe Bayer was born in Ottawa, Illinois. Music has been in his blood from an early age. He told me stories of his early childhood performances for his parents and their friends during poker nights, where he would dress as Elvis and lip sync while holding a toy microphone. It was clear to his mother, after she caught Joe jumping off of his sister's bed strumming a tennis racquet to Aerosmith, that he indeed was a rock star! His next birthday she gave him a guitar and lessons. What a great 12th birthday that must have been.
Joe currently lives in New York and has been rocking the East Coast. His music started throughout the Midwest until he made the move to Los Angeles, CA. His band, Devastation Run, was a hard rock band that landed a record deal with Ironworks records. Joe performed all over the West coast, but was forced to move to New York for personal, family matters. During our conversation, we spoke about his music and living in New York.
Prior to fronting his own band, he performed as a guitarist for a bit. After forming the Joe Bayer Band, he has achieved national and international radio airplay. Joe has played for awards shows in Vegas as well as Nashville and recently earned himself the, Country Blast Radio Entertainer of the Year Award! Joe has been nominated for several more awards for later this year and as of the September Countdown on Country Blast Radio's Countdown Blast, Joe Bayer came in at #3 on the Top 25!
Top 25 artists that made the September Countdown on Country Blast Radio's Countdown Blast, the chart that National & Regional charts watch for.
1. Chris Ising - I'm From The Country - Chris Ising (4)
2. Vince Anthony – Small Town Girl (2)
3. Joe Bayer – Beyond the Backroads (1)
4. South Bound Train – My Way Home(3)
5. Johnny Rodes - I'll Take You To Eden (6)
6. Texas Bobby Dean – Before We Knew (7)
7. Dani-elle Kleha – Bye Bye Bye (9)
8. Jeremy Harrell – Remember When (10)
9. Andrew Frelick – Without You I’ve Got Nothing (12)
10. The Electric Cowboys – Little While (13)
11. Jimmy Parker – If the Bottle Were a Bible(11)
12. Mersi Stone – Wild and Free (14)
13. Erin Eder - Crush You Out (15)
14. Andrew Frelick - Unlove You (song to watch)
15. The Mullins Sisters – Lyin’ To My Heart (19)
16. Katelyn Rose - Kiss Me (20)
17. Kevin Davison - I'm A Mess (23)
18. Richard Lynch Band - It's All In My Head (new)
19. Kelsea Ballerini - Dibs
20. Brian Grace – Kings and Queens (21)
21. Kamber Cain - Maybe I Just Might
22. Gina Giordano - The Women I Am (25)
23. Miranda Lambert - Smokin' And Drinkin' (feat. Little Big Town)
24. Josh Gierke - She's My Country Song (song to watch)
25. Bobby Johnson and Mark Gentle – I’m Driving
Songs to watch:
Sam Hunt – Break Up In A Small Town
Mo Pitney – Boy and a Girl Thing
Joe has opened for several acts such as, Charlie Daniels Band, Dierks Bentley, Kip Moore, Dustin Lynch, Justin Moore, J. Geils Band and Chris Young along with several others. Listen as he talks about performing with some of these guys. He had me laughing a lot. It is no wonder why Joe is topping charts, winning awards and getting radio airplay. After listening to our conversation I know you will be entertained and become an instant fan if you aren't one already. True country artists love to interact with fans and always show their appreciation. Joe Bayer, you are one hell of a stand up guy. Your band is awesome and I am so happy you all continue to perform live for so many fans. Be sure to check out the single, “Country Thang”, written & produced by Joe Vulpis, it is also amazing! You can find it on Sirius XM The Highway and other Major Radio markets as well. We will be watching these guys for more. I have been told some exciting things are coming, so check out our conversation and stay tuned for more from Joe Bayer Band! ~Missy Wolf
From an early age I knew music and entertainment were in my blood. I have always been enamored with the idea of being in this industry, though I never wanted to be a front and center "Star". Taking the audience behind the scenes for up close conversations with the artists they love is where I want to be. Life in lyrics has always been my style, so as my favorite country artist Wade Hayes sings, I am living my life and chasing my dreams! Conducting interviews, meeting talented people and sharing stories and adventure are my passion. My new favorite hashtag is #iaskyouanswer, so stay tuned for more interviews, articles and adventures!